Monday, September 15, 2008

Dunn Bros Coffee Logo:
I have chosen to re-design the Dunn Bros Coffee logo. My reasoning is because I personally think that the font they used for their word mark appears childish and underminding. I work at a Dunn Bros, and their professional goal of roasting, selling and promoting an international view of coffee beans is not shown in their logo. Their prestige and wonderful tasting coffee doesn't connect with a type face that looks like it would me on the set of the Flintstones.

They also don't have a symbol attached to their logo. Because Dunn Bros is a franchise, a company that is owned by independent owners, they are all different. Each location seemed to be built in some of the oldest buildings of Minneapolis, and some of them have been transformed buildings. Due to each locations unique quality, and the franchises richness, I want to make a set of logos that are united. Each owner can choose which logo or word mark best represents their location, but still is strongly identifiable to the Dunn Bros companies.

1 comment:

Angela Wang said...

I want to see images of your symbols and logo! I enjoyed that you took it further than just one idea – showcase these on your blog! :)